The Street Academy of Dance
Members Section : Keep up to date with what's going on in the Academy.
Dress Rehearsal & Photoshoot
Tuesday 15th February
Rochester Grammar School
£10 per student added to February fees.
This is a great opportunity for dancers to rehearse on stage in costume & familiarise themselves with the environment. A professional photography team will be joining us and a full programme photoshoot will take place for group and individual pictures. Photos will be available to view and purchase on the day of rehearsal. DE photos will also attend a few dates at classes following the shoot (dates & times to follow)
Parents are to drop off at the registration desk backstage & collect from the audience entrance.
All girls require hair in 2 french plaits & boys should be neatly groomed. ALL jewellery including earrings must be removed before dancers arrive. This includes studs too as dancers will be experiencing quick changes with costumes being whipped on & off & any jewellery is a potential safety hazard.
Dancers will register in groups. Please check your child’s “Group number” on the notice board.
95% of dancers are only required for 2 hours.
A few may be required to stay for a "double" rehearsal please see the notice board for names list!
10am – 12midday
Monday 7pm : Senior Tap, Senior ballet
Tuesday 6pm : Harlequin/Joker, Cheer, Fearless
Wednesday 4pm : Beauty & the beast, Everybody wants to be a cat
Wednesday 7pm : SENIOR ACRO
Friday 4pm : Madagascar, Lets get ready to Rumble
12:30 – 2:30pm
Monday 4pm : HSM, Forget you
Tuesday 4pm : Who let the dogs out
Wednesday 4:45pm : Moana, Revolting Children.
Friday 5:30pm : Space Jam, Temperature.
3 – 5pm
Monday 6pm – HSM, Pink Street, Six
Tuesday 4:30pm – MC hammer
Wednesday 5:30pm – Rapunzel, Cotton Eye Joe
Friday 7pm : Street Mix, Cheer , Musical Theatre
Wednesday 6:15pm – Junior Acro
Please note all students participating in the showcase are expected to attend this rehearsal. If your child can not make the rehearsal, please let a member of staff know ASAP.
Sunday 6th & Sunday 13th March.
2 Performances on each date.
Matinee - Doors open 1pm, show starts 1:30pm
Evening - Doors open 4:30pm, Show starts 5pm.
CHAPERONES : All licensed chaperones please get in touch with us ASAP
Tickets go on sale to licensed chaperones on Monday 17th January
Tickets go on general sale on Monday 24th January.
Monday 6th September - Classes reopen
Sunday 26th September - SDI Competition, Essex
Saturday 16th October - Quiz night (adults only)
25th-29th October - HALF TERM BREAK (no classes)
Monday 25th October - Halloween Disco night
Thursday 28th October - IDTA exam presentation evening
Sunday 5th December - Kent Street Dance Championships, 101 Events.
Friday 17th December - Last day of Autumn/Winter Term
Friday 17th & Monday 20th December: Musical Theatre Performance in aid of The Wisdom hospice Rochester
Thursday 23rd December - Family Christmas Party, Chatham suburban club.
Monday 10th January 2022 - Classes reopen
Friday 11th - Sunday 13th February 2022 - Alton Towers Street
Sunday 6th & Sunday 13th March 2022 - Academy Showcase
IDS Store uniform website
Find us on Facebook - The Street Academy of Dance
& Instagram - @thestreetacademyofdance
Covid-19 New regulations & procedures in place to ensure everyone’s safety.
• All classes will be adhering to a one way flow system. Dancers will be dropped off at the main entrance and collected from the fire exit.
• There will be NO parent waiting areas on site, we ask that parents leave and return where possible or wait in their cars during the session.
• Please demonstrate social distancing at all times.
• All fees should be sent in a named envelope with the correct payment where possible, if change is needed this will be arranged and sent back in the envelope with the child after class.
• Children will be required to sanitise their hands upon entry to the building & cleaning of all “touch points” and the toilets will be taking place between each session.
• We ask that only 1 person collects from the pickup point to reduce numbers of people on and around the site.
• The studio will have adequate ventilation
• If your child requires uniform please place any requests in an envelope with payment & Stock will be sent home with the dancer the same night where possible or ordered in for you with a message sent to inform you.
• Keep up to date with updates and events via our social media pages “The Street Academy of Dance” FB & Instagram, and we will be using an outdoor notice board at all classes to display all relevant information.